[tor-project] Fwd: decentralized web summit

Yawning Angel yawning at schwanenlied.me
Thu Apr 7 05:42:32 UTC 2016

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 22:21:25 -0700
Shari Steele <ssteele at torproject.org> wrote:
> Brewster Kahle at the Internet Archive is holding a summit about a
> decentralized web infrastructure.  I told him I’d pass this along, in
> case anyone out there is interested. Shari

Seems related to:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2016-April/010698.html

("How to build a decentralized archive.org/archive.is equivalent that
  can't track users, with ways to prove that the content is legit,
  while shielding said cache operators for liability nightmares, that
  doesn't have the ability to feed users malicious content and pwn
  their boxes")

So, if we want to pursue "try to circumvent blocking/obnoxiousness by
using an archive/cache mechanism" further, then yes, we should think
about participating so our requirements are communicated.

As a side note/rant:

> > http://www.decentralizedweb.net/

"http" makes me sad, changing it to "https" gave me a cert error, and I
had to enable JavaScript to figure out where said meeting was. :(

Regards,

--
Yawning Angel

[0]: Current status of "our" efforts is "neat tech demo that I threw
together in a fit of rage, despite having more important things to
do".  The feedback I've gotten has been positive, despite some rough
edges...