[tor-onions] Debugging an ubuntu / apache2 / tor / ssl setup

Peter Brooks peter.h.m.brooks at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 22:08:51 UTC 2018

Why? Tor encrypts everything in transit, but not between you and the
first server, and not between the last server and the target machine.
Anybody listening to your output stream, or the stream to and from the
remote server, can see everything in plaintext - the URL, and its
parameters particularly.

With SSL, you know the URL is encrypted between your machine and the
remote server, as is the returned page.