[tor-onions] ramdisk based onions sites

J. S. Evans jsevans at pm.me
Tue Dec 18 20:28:14 UTC 2018

Would there a be a significant security/privacy advantage to running a
.onion site in a VM that lives entirely on a ramdisk?

The downside obviously would be that anything not backed up would be
lost in the case of a reboot.

To me the upside is that it would be very difficult to see anything
that had been running in the VM if it needs to be dumped in the event
of an emergency. I've heard of techniques that can get bits of data
from ram that has been turned off, but I don't think that's
easy/inexpensive to do.

What do you think, group?