[tor-onions] CMS in onion services?

Alec Muffett alec.muffett at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 12:51:05 UTC 2018

On 28 April 2018 at 12:31, Jason S. Evans <jsevans at gardeng.nom.es> wrote:

> 1. If you are a non-profit or some other org/person who doesn't care if
> visitors know who they are, but they want their visitors privacy to be
> protected.

Literally Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/protect-the-graph/making-connections-to-facebook-more-secure/1526085754298237/

2. You both want your privacy and your visitors privacy to be
> protected.

Any SecureDrop site; also remember that classic Onion HTTP/S sites offer a
smaller attack surface to the web, than do TCP/IP HTTP/S sites.

e.g.: DDoS is mostly negated, etc.

I'm looking for suggestions for both of these two categories. The
> easiest, I think would be to just host flat html files on a hardened
> web server, but that is both tedious and ugly (unless you are really
> good at html). I's prefer something a but more automated.

This might help?

https://github.com/alecmuffett/the-onion-diaries/blob/master/basic-production-onion-server.md

If you're looking for fast, utterly bombproof serving, then yeah,
predefined flat files and static content are the way to go.

That said: Wordpress with near-zero plugins, but optimised WP-SuperCache
enabled, is pretty good.

    -a

--
http://dropsafe.crypticide.com/aboutalecm