[tor-onions] avant - tar for onions

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Mon Apr 11 21:23:19 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I've released a small tool called `avant`[1]. Basically it's a tiny
sibling of the OnionBalance[2] written in Go and is in public domain.
I made it because Python is too heavy and messy for my little setup and
I need just one binary that does only one simple thing.

As with the OnionBalance one can:
    * Perform load balancing
    * Keep long-term private keys outside dangerous zone
    * "Rename" already running onion services

It can be called in a way similar to `tar`:
$ avant frontonionklew8 backonionl3yfkxk backonionfmakgtd ...

At the moment you can:
    o Select to which replicas you want upload your descriptor(s)
      [-replica-mask 101010]
    o Make distinct descriptors to fit up to 10x6=60 introduction points
      [-distinct-descs]
    o Publish descriptors to files
      [-save-to-files]

Note that this is not a stable release. If you want to make it
better/simpler you're always welcome to send me patches.

I hope it can be useful.

P.S. Golang doesn't seem to be able to fetch git repos over the .onions
so you have to clone it yourself into your GOPATH (e.g. using torsocks).

--
[1] http://hartwellnogoegst.onion/avant
[2] https://github.com/DonnchaC/onionbalance

[3] https://github.com/Yawning/bulb