[tor-mirrors] Mirror of bridges.torproject.org

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Thu Nov 8 13:32:48 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 07, 2018 at 10:19:00PM +0000, Vasilis wrote:
> I was thinking to run a mirror of bridges.torproject.org .
> Given that this is acceptable what are the requirements for creating and
> managing a bridges.torproject.org mirror?

As Matt says, this isn't something that the architecture supports well
right now.

But that said, if you want to do this, my first thought would be
to set up an apache with proxypass configured to make requests to
bridges.torproject.org. Essentially you'd be setting up a web proxy that
lets people have your view of bridges.torproject.org (i.e. the view from
your IP address).

The benefit would be that they can see bridges.torproject.org, and the
drawbacks would be that they only see the bridges available to your
slice of IP-space, and that the more people use your site, the more
likely one of them is the censor and then those bridges get blocked.

--Roger