[tor-mirrors] Volunteers needed?

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Fri Dec 1 21:33:58 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 03:13:40PM -0600, Tyler Johnson wrote:
> I've noticed that the tor-mirrors.csv list has a lot of entries that
> are not working. Is there a need for volunteers to help maintain this
> list, or any other tasks? If so, I'm your guy!
>
> Please get in touch if I can be of any assistance.

Yes please!

One hopefully simple way is to make a diff -u and attach it to a trac
ticket.

The better way would be to do a git clone of the webwml repo, and put
it on github or whatever your favorite git hoster is, and then make a
branch with various changes, and then I can pull down your repo, look
at the branches, and merge them.

I think fixing some bugs in the mirror checking script would be
helpful too, if you want to go even further. For example, if you run the
update-mirrors script, I think it rewrites every line for failed mirrors
to be "number of hours away from UTC" hours later. That is, there's a
time zone bug somewhere in the perl. I bet there are more too. :)

--Roger