[tor-mirrors] Volunteers needed?

Carolin Zöbelein contact at carolin-zoebelein.de
Fri Dec 1 22:46:48 UTC 2017

Hi,

Yeap, it would be great if you could have a look at this perl script
which  Roger mentioned.

I wanted to do this but my perl skils are ... not very good.
I'm not a big perl fan ;).

You can find it here:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/project/web/webwml.git/tree/update-mirrors.pl

Thanks,
Carolin

Am Freitag, den 01.12.2017, 16:33 -0500 schrieb Roger Dingledine:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 03:13:40PM -0600, Tyler Johnson wrote:
> > I've noticed that the tor-mirrors.csv list has a lot of entries
> > that
> > are not working. Is there a need for volunteers to help maintain
> > this
> > list, or any other tasks? If so, I'm your guy!
> >
> > Please get in touch if I can be of any assistance.
>
> Yes please!
>
> One hopefully simple way is to make a diff -u and attach it to a trac
> ticket.
>
> The better way would be to do a git clone of the webwml repo, and put
> it on github or whatever your favorite git hoster is, and then make a
> branch with various changes, and then I can pull down your repo, look
> at the branches, and merge them.
>
> I think fixing some bugs in the mirror checking script would be
> helpful too, if you want to go even further. For example, if you run
> the
> update-mirrors script, I think it rewrites every line for failed
> mirrors
> to be "number of hours away from UTC" hours later. That is, there's a
> time zone bug somewhere in the perl. I bet there are more too. :)
>
> --Roger

Carolin Zöbelein / Nick: Samdney
PGP: D4A7 35E8 D47F 801F 2CF6 2BA7 927A FD3C DE47 E13B

Volunteer
Community Team
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam