[tor-dev] Counter Galois Onion: A New Proposal for Forward-Secure Relay Cryptography

Jean Paul Degabriele jpdega at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 18:28:31 UTC 2019

Hi,

Thank you!  I've added this as proposal 308.  I'll be looking it over
> with interest in the near future.

Thanks for adding this to the list of proposals.

> One thing that helps me understand this kind of proposal is writing or
> examining a reference implementation for it, so I can see clearly what
> state is kept, which party does what, and so on.  I did one for
> proposal 295 as https://github.com/nmathewson/prop295ref -- I hope I
> can get a reference implementation together for this one too, unless
> you're already on it.

A reference implementation would be nice and at the moment we are
not working on that.

It would also be interesting to know what the ADL authors think of
> this proposal too -- most of us at Tor aren't cryptographers
> ourselves.

Of course, all input is welcome.

Best wishes,

Jean Paul