[tor-dev] Proposal 301: Don't include package fingerprints in consensus documents

teor teor at riseup.net
Wed Mar 13 22:58:20 UTC 2019

> On 14 Mar 2019, at 03:50, Iain Learmonth <irl at torproject.org> wrote:
>
> Signed PGP part
> Hi,

> This is now proposal 301.
>
> What is the process by which this becomes "accepted"? Is this just a
> matter of someone making that commit?

Here's what "Accepted" means:

   Accepted: The proposal is complete, and we intend to implement it.
      After this point, substantive changes to the proposal should be
      avoided, and regarded as a sign of the process having failed
      somewhere.

https://gitweb.torproject.org/torspec.git/tree/proposals/001-process.txt#n152

I can't imagine us making any substantive changes to the proposal.

The reasons and actions are clear, and there are clearly-defined sub-tickets
for each of the tasks. We have successfully implemented similar tasks before.

Unless anyone objects in the next week, let's make this change: