[tor-dev] RFC: Using `utls` in meek_lite.
yawning at schwanenlied.me
Mon Jan 21 05:12:41 UTC 2019
I just pushed a change to obfs4proxy master to use `utls` to mask the
ClientHello signature (currently Chrome 70.x).
I understand that this is being worked on for the original meek (see:
https://bugs.torproject.org/29077), but I felt inspired and it was
relatively easy to get something working.
* This is only lightly tested, and may be doing something wrong or
distinct. It seems to work well enough to watch videos over it.
* Azure uses HTTP 2. Not really a problem.
* `utls.HelloFirefox_Auto` will fail to handshake with Azure due to an
incompatible group being negotiated.
* `utls.HelloChrome_Auto` ironically fails to handshake with
`google.com` in a standalone test case for me.
* `utls.HelloIOS_Auto` seems to work in all cases, so I may switch to
that before I tag.
Questions, comments, feedback appreciated,
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the tor-dev