[tor-dev] Scripts and VMs for helping people setup a relay or bridge

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Tue Apr 9 10:46:33 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 04/04/2019 23:56, Alessandro Fiori wrote:
> since i have released some Docker images for help people to run their
> own service or relays, i'm releasing some Virtualbox images and scripts
> for who want to run their relays.
>
> Virtual machines are in importable OVA format, and are based on Ubuntu
> Command Line Install, for a very light-weight system.

Do we have some central location for all of these devops approaches to
running Tor relays?

How do your Docker images differ from jessfraz's?
https://github.com/jessfraz/dockerfiles/tree/master/tor-relay

Do we have some (opt-in) way of tracking how people are using these
images? Perhaps using the ContactInfo Sharing Specification?
https://github.com/irl/ContactInfo-Information-Sharing-Specification/blob/master/README.md

> I have released, for now, a Script and Virtual Machine for Tor middle
> relay, next days i will release bridge scripts for bridge with pluggable
> transports pre-installed.
>
> The Script repository is located here:
> https://github.com/randomtable/ChimeraOS/tree/master/Scripts
>
> The Virtual Machines repository is located here:
> https://github.com/randomtable/ChimeraOS/tree/master/VMs
>
> I'm writing to "dev" mailing list, because a very expert eye is always
> needed.

Expert eyes are also available on the -relays mailing list. This topic
really belongs there.

Thanks,
Iain.