[tor-dev] Is there strictly a one-to-one BW scanner to BW auth relationship?

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 02:02:58 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 08:21:38PM -0400, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 08:13:59PM -0400, Rob Jansen wrote:
> > I understand that the current bandwidth measurement system is far from ideal, but I am wondering about how the current system works. Does each bandwidth authority also run a bandwidth scanner? Or is it possible that the results from a bandwidth scanner is supplied to multiple authorities?
[...]
> I think in past bwauth sessions at meetings, people have made lists of
> who runs which bwauth.

Not the original question Rob asked, but a year ago there was a session
and the (reformatted) notes contain:

longclaw: hongkong -> US
moria: US->US
matuska: .se->us
faravahar: us->us
sebastian: de->de

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/meetings/2017Amsterdam/Notes/bwauths

(I don't know why there is a sebastian instead of a gabelmoo).

Obviously the situation has changed a bit since then. I don't know if
any of the bwscanner locations changed, either (not including losing
longclaw and sebastian and adding bastet).