[tor-dev] monitoring significant drops of flags in dirauth votes

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sun Feb 11 09:21:00 UTC 2018

Hi Damian and Tom,

Roger discovered that dannenberg did not include any exit flags
in certain votes anymore [1].

It would be great if we would detect and notify about such events in the future.

I see two places where this could be added:

DocTor:
a new check that alerts on events where a certain dir auth does
either no longer include certain flags (guard, hsdir, exit, ..) at all
or better: if the amount of relays with a certain flag significantly dropped
by xx % from one vote to the next.

consenus-health graphs:
we have nice graphs per dirauth and bwauth, if we would have
per-dirauthvote-per-flag (mainly guard, exit, hsdir - we have already running)
graphs as well we could spot such events (and even trends)
better. (btw: what caused there recent flat-line in graphs on 2018-02-03 - 2018-02-05)

What do you think?

thanks for considering it,
nusenu

[1] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2018-February/014480.html