[tor-dev] UX improvement proposal #2: Encrypted bookmarks for onions

heddha heddha at unicorn.university
Thu Nov 16 14:10:25 UTC 2017

Hello George, Hello List,

I'm currently working on a Uni project where we tried to implement 3 of
the solutions suggested in the article you mentioned below. I
implemented the bookmarks idea (2.5). You can find the code here:

https://github.com/heddha/OnionPetnames

I implemented it as a webextension, not as part of the native bookmarks.
The entries can be exported and imported; the exported file is
aes-encrypted with a password; I used the cryptojs-library for that. The
import function has its bugs, as a webextension closes itself
automagically when another window (e.g. to select a file) is opened; I
used a workaround that's very dirty, maybe someone has a better idea?

I'd be very happy if this helped with the problem!

Kind regards,

heddha