[tor-dev] UX improvement proposal #2: Encrypted bookmarks for onions

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Thu Nov 16 12:52:24 UTC 2017

Hello,

here is another onion-related UX improvement proposal. We still don't
have a plan for how to concretely fix the onion naming issue, and we
recently released next gen onions so names just got bigger. Ideally we
should start experimenting with solutions sooner than later (also see
https://blog.torproject.org/cooking-onions-names-your-onions).

I think a local-solution akin to bookmarks makes sense to start with, so
I opened a trac ticket today about encrypted bookmarks on Tor Browser:

Please let me know if you are aware of firefox addon projects that do
encrypted bookmarks that we could use or start basing our work on.

Cheers!