[tor-dev] GNU Guix and Tor Browser Packaging

ng0 contact.ng0 at cryptolab.net
Tue Mar 14 08:16:26 UTC 2017

bancfc at openmailbox.org transcribed 1.9K bytes:
> There is a serious Tor Browser packaging effort [3][4] being done by ng0
> (GNUnet dev) for the GNU Guix [0] package manager. GNU Guix supports

Eh, now that the cat is out of the bag (cat's don't belong into bags
anyway), I think I have to do this now and not on my own conditions.

Hi!

As I told bancfc somewhere else, I've had a short contact with the
trademarks team of torproject. I will get back to you when someone was
able to identify issues in torbrowser which might lead to modifications
of torbrowser (for more details I just hope trademarks at tp.o can
communicate it to you) because all packaged software which is included
in upstream of Guix (master) must follow the GNU Free System
Distribution Guidelines.
I hope that I have to make as little modifications as possible as I
I am aware that the fingerprint of the browser could change depending on
the kind of changes.

I hope to get back to this task in about 3 weeks, right now I'm busy
with getting more documentation done for another project.