[tor-dev] I would like collaborate with you

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Tue Feb 28 15:45:12 UTC 2017

On 28/02/2017 16:16, Berenike Grace wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Veronica,

> I’m Veronica Minati, an Italian student of Computer Science at the
> Università degli studi di Udine. I've a bachelor degree and now I'm at the
> last year of the Master degree.
>
> Some teachers and colleagues suggested me to partecipate at an opensource
> project, to challenge myself and learn more.
>
> I'm interested in cyber security and cryptography and I dream that one day
> I will work in this area. I'm studying your projects and I would like to
> cooperate with you, for the GSoC and I hope that I will be able to continue
> the work in the future.
>
> I'm sure that this experience will grow my background. I'm skilled in Java
> programming but I've studied also other programming languages.
>
> I would like to offer to collaborate at the Onionoo project with karsten
> and iwakeh, May I ask you how can I be helpful? What knowledge should I
> have to work on that project?

Glad to hear!

You'll find a short guide on how to help out with Onionoo and related
projects here:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/MetricsTeam/Volunteers

> Thank you so much!
>

> Veronica Minati.
>

> Ps: In the meantime I will follow you in the IRC channel, my nickname is
> versa!

Sounds good!  Feel free to join us at our next team IRC meeting on
Thursday at 15:00 UTC in #tor-dev.

All the best,
Karsten