[tor-dev] [RELEASE] Torsocks 2.2.0-rc1

David Goulet dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Tue Jun 21 13:43:13 UTC 2016

Hi everyone!

I'm releasing a long overdue version of torsocks 2.2.0 release candidate 1.
Unfortunately, some other platforms than Linux can break so please let me know
either by email or using https://trac.torproject.org what broke.

Source: https://people.torproject.org/~dgoulet/torsocks/torsocks-2.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2
Sig: https://people.torproject.org/~dgoulet/torsocks/torsocks-2.2.0-rc1.tar.bz2.asc

Here is the ChangeLog:

https://gitweb.torproject.org/torsocks.git/commit/?id=bcf6ae8c122afff1cfc6a8e65151bc321a17c464

Worth noting the new command line option to specify the SocksPort address and
port of the tor daemon:

    -a, --address HOST Specify Tor address
    -P, --port PORT    Specify Tor port

Also, if you are still experiencing issues with some applications, let me know
which one specifically and try to be as detailed as possible with your report.

Finally, if anyone with OS X knowledge could check this bug, it would be of
great help because this is kind of a show stopper for OS X users that I would
like to fix before the stable release.

Now is also a good time to speak up if you want something in this release.

Cheers!
David