[tor-dev] Help complete the list of official & community projects

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Sat Jun 18 17:26:55 UTC 2016

> There are some projects listed on our
> volunteer page[1] but I'm not confident if the list is complete or even
> up to date.

Hi Nima, I maintain the volunteer page, curating its information every
few months. It indeed isn't a complete list of all-the-things but
that's only because folks don't often send me patches.

I'm not sure I see the point of having this wiki in addition to the
volunteer page but that said, maybe we should *move* it to the wiki?
Other folks might then be less shy about adding to it.

The goal of the volunteer page is to list all the spots we'd like to
have help, guiding potential volunteers to a project that matches
their interests. This is why it emphasizes language, activity, and a
point of contact.

How does this jive with the goal of your wiki? Should these be
combined or stay separate.

Cheers! -Damian

PS. As discussed on irc listing projects as being 'official' verses
'community' is something we've avoided in the past. Doing so means
you'll need to define what an 'official' project is and by making that
distinction people will want it as a badge of honor. Imho this is a
pointless waste of time which is why the volunteer page makes no
distinction.