[tor-dev] [GSoC '16] Exitmap Improvements Project - Hello Tor!

Mridul Malpotra mridul.malpotra at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 13:13:40 UTC 2016

Hi everyone!

Introduction:
-----------------
I'm Mridul, a senior year undergraduate from IIIT-Delhi. I am really
thrilled to have been selected in GSoC 2016 for the Exitmap improvements
project! It's an amazing opportunity and I hope to contribute something
substantial to the Tor community.
My IRC handle is mtyamantau.

Details:
------------
My primary and secondary mentor will be Dr. Philipp Winter (phw) and Damian
Johnson (atagar) respectively. I'll be primarily active on #tor-dev on
irc.oftc.net and on tor-dev at lists.torproject.org.

About project:
-------------------
The project is mainly focused around Exitmap improvements, with the three
major aspects being implementing autonomous scanning, multiple user
interaction in Tor Browser and a system for implementing automated data
collection from multiple users[1]. My full proposal is linked below[2] for
more information on this. I

Project details:
--------------------
Official start and end dates: 23rd May (Mon) to 29th August (Mon).

For now, I plan to start reading and getting myself familiarized with the
codebase before that. Also, I have still some uncertainty and questions in
certain sub-tasks, which I hope to resolve with the Tor community.

I will be sending bi-weekly project reports to tor-dev at lists.torproject.org.
They will mainly be on the progress that I have made that highlight the
work done in that duration.

Cheers!
Mridul (mtyamantau)

[1]