[tor-dev] [RELEASE] Torsocks 2.1.0
dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Wed May 27 19:19:53 UTC 2015
This is the release for version 2.1.0 of Torsocks. Special thanks to
Yawning that helped a lot with the new features, finding bugs and
providing patches! Also, thanks to all contributors and users out there
providing us with feedbacks! :)
Changes that are worth mentionning:
- Support for TCP fast open.
- AllowOutboundLocalhost option allows torsocks to connect to a
- IsolatePID is a new option that will make torsocks set the SOCKS5
username and password automatically to provide isolation on Tor side.
You can use this with the -i,--isolate command added or
TORSOCKS_ISOLATE_PID env. variable.
- Fix initialization phase when used with C++.
- Way less annoying warnings of syscall being denied. Most of them were
harmless so we let them pass now.
- Multiple fixes! (see changelog below)
Here is the change log for this version.
2015-05-27 torsocks 2.1.0
* Fix: socks5 resolve wasn't sending data correctly
* Fix: wrong label when auth_socks5 fail
* Move SOCKS5 auth in a seperate function
* Send the SOCKS5 authentication for RESOLVE/RESOLVE_PTR requests.
* Change IsolatePID password from 42 to 0
* Add automatic per process isolation (IsolatePID)
* Ensure that torsocks initializes itself in the presence of C++.
* Merge remote-tracking branch 'yawning/getaddrinfo' into getaddrinfo
* Fix: indentation in getpeername test
* Merge remote-tracking branch 'yawning/getpeername'
* Add support for the various inotify routines when invoked via syscall().
* Support the eventfd2(2) syscall.
* Support the various epoll routines when invoked via syscall().
* Handle accept4(2) when invoked via syscall().
* Fix getaddrinfo() to respect AI_NUMERICHOST.
* Fix the broken getpeername() implementation.
* Support certain Linux specific syscalls.
* Allow TCP Fast Open clients go through tor
* Test: support out of tree make check
* configure.ac: avoid tests which have both -pie and -static
* Fix error messages about setuid/setgid executables
* Fix: switch back to a syscall whitelist scheme
* Add AllowOutboundLocalhost.
* Fix: syscall mmap for NetBSD
* Fix: use getsockname instead of getsockopt to get socket family
* Stop denying syscall() and add dangerous ones
* Fix: typo in the listen macro declaration
* Fix: improve getpeername to actually works
* Fix: improve Unix socket passing detection
* Test: add missing connection destroy
* Test: possible double free in onion test
* Test: fix memory leak in DNS test
* Add accept as an accepted value through syscall()
* Add cscope files to gitignore
Again, as usual, and forever! *please* code review, test and most importantly
report any issues. Contribution ftw! :)
Thanks to everyone!
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 603 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-dev