[tor-dev] Paper on domain fronting (meek)

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Tue Jun 9 01:03:35 UTC 2015

I and my colleagues at Berkeley, Lantern, and Psiphon wrote a paper on
domain fronting, the censorship circumvention technology that underlies
the meek pluggable transport among other systems. It's going to appear
at the PET Symposium on June 30, 2015. If you've been following along,
you know most of the story for Tor, but the paper also includes the
story of deployment on Lantern and Psiphon.

I'm trying an experiment. Normally this kind of paper is published as a
PDF. I find it annoying to read PDF papers on the web, where you have to
scroll to the end to find URLs for references (if you're lucky). So I
made an HTML version of what's going to get published in the
proceedings.

https://www.bamsoftware.com/papers/fronting/

I have to admit, though, that PDF is nice for printing out and reading
offline, so here is the PDF version:

https://www.bamsoftware.com/papers/fronting.pdf