[tor-dev] packaging advice needed

Magnus Hedemark magnus.hedemark at protonmail.ch
Sat Jul 11 02:35:57 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have set up a Jenkins CI server and have it tracking the Tor project's git repository. I'm going to be building packages for the OmniOS platform, which is not yet supported. I tried searching the site for advice for packagers but haven't found any. If I've overlooked it, I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

More specifically, I'd like to better understand the release and patch workflow that is followed so that I can build the right commits at the right time. I'll have one job tracking the master branch for those who want to test potentially unstable software, but I have another job intended to promote "stable" packages.

By the way, this is all a precursor to a set of articles showing how to create network-isolated hidden services inside of illumos zones. I think OmniOS has a lot of untapped potential to help hidden service operators.

TIA,
Magnus

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.ch), encrypted email based in Switzerland.