[tor-dev] Fwd: Orbot v15-alpha-3 with VPN and Meek!

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sat Feb 14 08:08:10 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 02:58:28AM -0500, Nathan Freitas wrote:
> More progress on Orbot VPN support, and now, thanks to our new PLUTO
> library (https://github.com/guardianproject/pluto), support for Meek
> (https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek) and soon Obfs4
> as well.
>
> Currently you can use Meek or you can use VPN, but you can't use both
> together... still working on that, as I can't get Meek to talk to the
> passthrough HTTP proxy I use to allow socket connections out of the VPN
> filter.

An upstream HTTP proxy should work, either through torrc HTTPProxy or
the --proxy option.

I just remembered that an upstream SOCKS proxy won't work if you are
using naked meek-client, because when I looked there wasn't SOCKS client
support in the Go standard library. This function determines what types
of proxy are acceptable:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/pluggable-transports/meek.git/tree/meek-client/meek-client.go?id=0.15#n321

David Fifield