[tor-dev] Fwd: Orbot v15-alpha-3 with VPN and Meek!

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Sat Feb 14 08:21:12 UTC 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015, at 03:04 AM, CJ wrote:

> On 14/02/15 08:58, Nathan Freitas wrote:

Everything is the same as usual.

I don't think we can support both Orwall and VPN at the same time, so
that will be another choice the user will have to make.

The VPN doesn't fulfill the requirements of advanced users who want the
level of protection provided by Orwall and what Mike Perry originally
outlined. It is tricky to start on boot, there is no guarantee system
services can't route around it, and it can be killed if Orbot crashes.

Root and IPTables will still be required for that. VPN mode is really
just for circumvention of app blocks by novice users.

+n