[tor-dev] Hash Visualizations to Protect Against Onion Phishing

Jeff Burdges burdges at gnunet.org
Thu Aug 20 14:24:01 UTC 2015

I first learned about key poems here :
https://moderncrypto.org/mail-archive/messaging/2014/000125.html
If one wanted a more language agnostic system, then one could use a
sequence of icons, but that's probably larger than doing a handful of
languages.

I once encountered an article claiming that SSH randomart doesn't work
well.  I'm not sure about that article locate or correctness however.
Random art might work if you used icons, ala pink panda riding a blue
horse eating a green lion, but this grows harder to implement.  In fact,
algorithms that invent or merge human faces might work for people who
remember faces well.

If we believe key poems might work, then we could build a firefox
extension that does them, and make the code quite readable.  Anyone with
more interest in doing the human research could pick up where we leave
it.

Jeff

p.s.  I briefly mentioned this general application of key poems in the
Future Onion Addresses and Human Factors thread too.  I don't recall
that thread pursuing the matter though.