[tor-dev] New documentation for Tor Metrics website

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Fri Nov 21 18:09:07 UTC 2014

Dear list,

writing documentation is hard work.  I'm sure you already knew that, but
let me re-assure you that I now believe it, too.  At least until I
forget it again and carelessly start documenting something else that
looks tiny and friendly and trivial to document.

Anyway, I spent the last day (felt like half a week) on rewriting the
relevant text for the Tor Metrics website, and I wrote a short glossary
of terms I didn't want to explain over and over.

Would people on this list mind reviewing my text and suggesting
improvements?

For reference, the old text and real graphs, tables, etc. are still
available here:

https://metrics.torproject.org/

The new text with sample graphs and the glossary are here, conveniently
packaged into a single HTML page:

https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/volatile/metrics.html

I'd be happy for any suggestions here or off-list, either as comments,
patches, or edited HTML files.  Whatever works best for you works for me.

I'll update the .html file whenever I include suggestions.  I hope to
put the new text on the real Tor Metrics next week.

Thanks in advance, much appreciated!  In fact, I'm pretty sure that all
future visitors of Tor Metrics will appreciate your efforts.

All the best,
Karsten