[tor-dev] BridgeDB's email server rewrite; NEED CODE REVIEW

isis isis at torproject.org
Mon May 12 10:03:42 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!

If someone who is comfortable with Twisted Python and SMTP could look over my
rewrite of BridgeDB's email servers, that would be great!

The servers currently "online" (they are mostly down, and they keep falling
over) had so many bugs that I spent a week and a half trying to stabilise
them. Then I spent a mere day and a half rewriting them completely, fixing the
following bugs: #5463 #7547 #7550 #8241 #11475 #11753, among others.

The relevant branch is my `fix/5463-7547-7550-8241-11475-11753-email-rewrite`
branch, [0] and most of the new code can be found in the `lib/bridgedb/email`
tree. [1] The relevant ticket for providing feedback would be #5463, where
most of the discussion is happening. [2]

Since I've already waited about a week for review, and the servers are
currently broken and people are complaining at me a lot, I'm giving y'all 48
hours to speak up, else forever hold your pisces. Thanks in advance for
reviewing! :)

[0]: https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/isis/bridgedb.git/shortlog/refs/heads/fix/5463-7547-7550-8241-11475-11753-email-rewrite
[1]: https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/isis/bridgedb.git/tree/refs/heads/fix/5463-7547-7550-8241-11475-11753-email-rewrite:/lib/bridgedb/email
[2]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5463