[tor-dev] Finding the catch probability

saurav dahal dahal.saurav at gmail.com
Tue May 13 04:23:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have installed the shadow(v 1.9.2) and ran it also. Then I perform the
following process:

 I will first use any of the four examples included in the scallion
directory.

2. In "shadow.config.xml" file, numbers of clients, guard, middle, exit and
webservers are configured.

3. Lets suppose that I added certain number of guard or exit nodes with
high bandwidth in this "shadow.config.xml" file and run the simulation. The
clients will try to download a file from the webserver by selecting three
nodes, according to path selection algorithm, among these all nodes
including mine inserted nodes also.

4. Now I want to observe the probability of selection of my inserted nodes
as entry or exit nodes by the clients* (catch probability)*.

5. Again I will change the number of nodes to be inserted and run the
simulation and find the catch probability.

After running the simulation, a log file will be created, "scallion.log".
 So using this log file, how to find the catch probability by using the
analyze.py script?

Thanks,

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Sukhbir Singh <sukhbir.in at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Everything you need to know about running experiments on Shadow:
>
>     https://github.com/shadow/shadow/wiki
>
> (Including installation)

Saurav Dahal,
Wireless communication and Networking lab,
Dept. of Computer Engineering,
Chosun University,
309 Pilmun-daero, Dong-gu
Gwangju, 501-759 S.KOREA