[tor-dev] GSoC : Rewrite Tor Weather (Status Update 1)
sreenatha.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 20:15:11 UTC 2014
So here is my first update on the work regarding weather rewrite.
1. (#12085) Develop python wrapper for Onionoo services. Made an initial
python wrapper to be used for fetching Onionoo documents. It currently
supports request-response caching to decrease the latency(picked up from
2. (#11956) Wrote a simple script for searching for relays matching
user's query. This functionality is to be implemented in the rewritten
weather as well. Modified it to use the new Onionoo wrapper instead of
'urllib' module for fetching response from Onionoo.
3. (#9889) Rewrote the previous tshirt script, making use of the new
1. Add and expand the features provided by the Onionoo wrapper.
Currently in the process of adding utility methods for backend scripts that
use Onionoo data.
2. Test the Onionoo wrapper
3. Write the remaining backend scripts(hourly, daily) etc described in
the wiki at
Most of my work can be found at https://github.com/lucyd/tor-weather.
Please feel free to provide feedback of any sort.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tor-dev