[tor-dev] Introducing CollecTor (was: Spinning off Directory Archive from Metrics Portal)

Karsten Loesing karsten at torproject.org
Wed Jun 4 14:54:03 UTC 2014

On 25/05/14 10:35, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> I'm continuously tweaking the Metrics Portal [0] in the attempt to make
> it more useful.  My latest idea is to finally spin off the Directory
> Archive part from it, which is the part that serves descriptor tarballs.

Ta-da!   ===> https://collector.torproject.org/ <===   New website!

Here's what changed compared to providing directory archive data on the
metrics website:

 - Archive tarballs are now provided in a directory structure rather
than a single directory: https://collector.torproject.org/archive/

 - Recently published descriptors can now be accessed much more easily:
https://collector.torproject.org/recent/

 - Updated documentation of descriptor formats:
https://collector.torproject.org/formats.html

 - Please note that descriptors via rsync, both metrics-archive and
metrics-recent, will no longer be available, because everything is now
available via https.  Grace period runs until August 4, 2014.

 - Preliminary logo suggested by Jeroen and very quickly put together:
https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/volatile/collector-logo.png -- if
you're a graphic designer and want to contribute one hour of your time
to design that for real, please contact me!

Thanks to Damian, Jeroen, and Lunar for doing a first quick review
round.  Further feedback is much appreciated.

And now, it's finally time clean up the metrics website...

All the best,
Karsten