[tor-dev] Introducing CollecTor (was: Spinning off Directory Archive from Metrics Portal)

Philipp Winter phw at nymity.ch
Fri Jun 6 10:18:09 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 04:54:03PM +0200, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> On 25/05/14 10:35, Karsten Loesing wrote:
> > I'm continuously tweaking the Metrics Portal [0] in the attempt to make
> > it more useful.  My latest idea is to finally spin off the Directory
> > Archive part from it, which is the part that serves descriptor tarballs.
>
> Ta-da!   ===> https://collector.torproject.org/ <===   New website!

Looks great!

I added the service to:
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/operations/Infrastructure>

>  - Recently published descriptors can now be accessed much more easily:
> https://collector.torproject.org/recent/

That's a very useful feature.

>  - Preliminary logo suggested by Jeroen and very quickly put together:
> https://people.torproject.org/~karsten/volatile/collector-logo.png -- if
> you're a graphic designer and want to contribute one hour of your time
> to design that for real, please contact me!

Hmm, that seems to be the octopus which is part of USA-247's logo:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA-247>

Hopefully, somebody can contribute a better one.

Cheers,
Philipp