[tor-dev] problems building on osx 10.9.4

Tim t_ebay at icloud.com
Sat Aug 30 03:22:40 UTC 2014

Alan,

When building tor from the latest git sources on OS X 10.9.4, I have found that I need to:
* install libevent,
* install a newer version of OpenSSL (the system version is missing a symbol), and
* disable man page generation. (Alternately, there are further tools that need to be installed to build the man pages.)

I use the following configure invocation, for an installation in /opt/local (it looks like you're using /usr/local ):

./configure --with-libevent-dir=/opt/local --with-openssl-dir=/opt/local --disable-asciidoc

I use MacPorts - https://www.macports.org/ - as a package manager, and have the following versions of the libraries installed:

$ port list openssl libevent
openssl                        @1.0.1i         devel/openssl
libevent                       @2.0.21         devel/libevent