[tor-dev] problems building on osx 10.9.4

Alan Fay emptyset at freesideatlanta.org
Fri Aug 29 17:29:30 UTC 2014

Arlo,

Thanks, I got the build working with a local build/path of libevent2, just
as you described.  I used brew for the other dependencies.

I am able to run ./scripts/test/coverage coverage-output without problems,
but running:
$ make coverage-html

Has the following problem: [
http://0bin.net/paste/9DYCmagMbr8HNiw4#rtSQ-ia0BrOS1nzilEVu3dBlUKrenXGRyVXDIMiHaWK
]
gcov doesn't have a -v switch, just -version (this was from lcov installed
via $ brew install lcov)

I got chutney after a little bit of searching.  The documentation doesn't
make clear that chutney is part of the tor projects, located here: [
https://gitweb.torproject.org/chutney.git]

One of errors I get from running $ make test-network is:
./chutney: line 4: python2: command not found

This looks like a platform problem.  That's why I'm wondering if it's
better to work on this code on some flavor of Linux system instead of osx.

Thanks,
Alan