[tor-dev] [GSoC] Revamp GetTor summary

ilv ilv at riseup.net
Sat Aug 30 02:34:42 UTC 2014

Hi!

First of all, I want to thank the people at tor-dev that make this
happen every year, it was an awesome experience and I sincerely hope to
be around for a long time. I also want to thank my mentor Sukhbir for
always being around to solve doubts and checking up my progress, and to
my co-mentor Nima for his always useful advices and comments.

Secondly, I would like to give you a brief summary of what I did during
this 3-4 months:

    1) Rewrote GetTor from scratch. Now it should be easier to add new
ways to distribute download links for TBB.

    2) Created two components for this new GetTor: SMTP and XMPP.

    3) Enabled the (old) multilingual feature. Now you can receive
replies in your language (in case translation exists).

    4) Created a component to automatically upload TBB to Dropbox.

    5) Enabled basic blacklisting of users. It basically prevents flood
by specifying a limit of requests during a certain period of time.

    6) Added a small SQLite database for 5) and to get some stats. No
real info about the addresses/accounts stored.

I would really appreciate any feedback on the work done, specially about
the points 5) and 6). Do these points make sense to you?

The plan for now is to keep doing tests and deploy it asap (hopefully
during September). As always, you can check the code on [0].

That would be for now, have a nice weekend!

[0] https://github.com/ileiva/gettor/tree/master/src

Best,
--
4096R/540BFC0E