[tor-dev] GSoC : Rewrite Tor Weather (Status Update 6)
sreenatha.dev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:47:26 UTC 2014
This is my 6th and final GSoC status update on the Weather-Rewrite project.
Things I worked on since my last update :
- Wrote a small python script to clear the subscription data stored in
the django models of the weather database before running the standalone
scripts. This is particularly useful while testing the site.
- Fixed some bugs in the daily script.
- Tested the whole thing after removal of the consensus event-listener
mechanism with file-based SMTP backend as well as gmail SMTP server with a
test email setup.
- Modified the standalone daily/hourly scripts to work as custom django
management commands as suggested in #10706.
- Updated documentation regarding the shift in data backend to Onionoo.
- Style-aligned the code base with PEP8.
To review the code, check out
As a note on collaborating with the Tor community during this summer
through GSoC, I want to mention that I had great time with this and will
try to keep making meaningful contributions via various development
Thank You for the experience.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tor-dev