[tor-dev] GSoC : Rewrite Tor Weather (Status Update 6)

Sreenatha Bhatlapenumarthi sreenatha.dev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:47:26 UTC 2014

Hey folks!

This is my 6th and final GSoC status update on the Weather-Rewrite project.
Things I worked on since my last update :

   - Wrote a small python script to clear the subscription data stored in
   the django models of the weather database before running the standalone
   scripts. This is particularly useful while testing the site.
   - Fixed some bugs in the daily script.
   - Tested the whole thing after removal of the consensus event-listener
   mechanism with file-based SMTP backend as well as gmail SMTP server with a
   test email setup.
   - Modified the standalone daily/hourly scripts to work as custom django
   management commands as suggested in #10706.
   - Updated documentation regarding the shift in data backend to Onionoo.
   - Style-aligned the code base with PEP8.

To review the code, check out
https://github.com/meejah/tor-weather/tree/develop

As a note on collaborating with the Tor community during this summer
through GSoC, I want to mention that I had great time with this and will
try to keep making meaningful contributions via various development
activities.

Thank You for the experience.

Cheers,
Sreenatha