[tor-dev] GsoC: Revamp GetTor

Israel Leiva israel.leiva at usach.cl
Tue Apr 22 15:07:52 UTC 2014

Hi all!

My name is Israel Leiva, and I'll be working on the "Revamp GetTor" [1]
project during this GsoC. My mentors will be sukhe and mrphs.

What I propose is to redesign the current "GetTor" code in order to make it
oriented to modules, which the users can access via common "services" (like
SMTP, for instance) and get the required info (packages or links). The idea
is that this new design could allow the implementation of new modules in
the future. You can find more details about my proposal in [2].

Needless to say I'm very excited and honored to collaborate with the Tor
project and community!

[1] https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/volunteer.html.en#revamp_gettor
[2] http://ileiva.github.io/gettor_proposal.html

Best,