[tor-dev] [GSOC] Status report - Tor capabilities

Cristian-Matei Toader cristian.matei.toader at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 09:52:15 UTC 2013

Hello tor-dev,

Not much has happened since the last status report. I have been fixing
small issues [1] with the seccomp2 filter and have been working on the
change requests from nickm's code review for merging stage 2 of tor
sandboxing [2].

I am currently waiting for feedback, which is very likely to be final, and
a merge of my work in tor's master branch.

After stage 2 is completed, I will move on with stage 3 by dropping
privileges in different sections of the tor program, as they no longer
become required, in order to create a more restrictive sandbox.

[1]
https://github.com/cristiantoader/tor-gsoc-capabilities/commits/gsoc-cap-stage2
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9249