[tor-dev] High load even with 0.2.4.17-rc

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Fri Sep 6 20:28:58 UTC 2013

(This would have probably been better asked on tor-relays at .)

Leo Unglaub:
> to fix the load issues on my 5 relays i tryed the suggested development
> version of tor. But there is not difference at all on the exit relays.
> They all burn on 99% CPU usage at 23 MB/s bandwidth.
>
> Is there something special i have to do in the config to benefit from
> the new changes mad to quicker peerform the handshakes between the circuits?

Tor 0.2.4.17-rc will prioritize ntor handshakes over TAP handshakes. But
TAP handshakes are still processed, and they are not scarce at the
moment.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>