[tor-dev] Trac upgraded to 0.12.3

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Sun Sep 1 15:57:25 UTC 2013

* Erinn Clark <erinn at torproject.org> [2013:08:26 22:45 +0200]:
> Once the git integration works, we'll demo a code review tool
> (http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CodeReviewerPlugin). I'll email again once we're
> further along with both of these processes. In the meanwhile, let me know if
> you run into any issues with the new trac.

So, git integration is working for several repos! i.e., when people commit and
push changes, the source code browser on trac gets updated. You can see them
here:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/browser

This isn't working for all branches in all repos yet, but as people return and
begin committing more stuff, we can adjust appropriately. And again, if you
want your stuff to be on this page, please let me know!

I've also just enabled the CommitTicketUpdater plugin, which allows you to
close and reference tickets from commit messages. There are keywords that must
be used to do this and for more information you can read all about it here:

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/CommitTicketUpdater

For quick reference:

  Default values to close a ticket: close closed closes fix fixed fixes
  Default values to reference a ticket: addresses re references refs see

And then you use #nnnn syntax for the actual bug.

The CodeReviewerPlugin is installed, but requires changes to the way the
CommitTicketUpdater works, so I'd rather wait and see how that works before
proceeding to the next step. (You can read more about it here:
http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CodeReviewerPlugin)

Try it out and let me know if you have any issues!