[tor-dev] Pluggable Transport TBB Build

Kevin P Dyer kpdyer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 15:08:40 UTC 2013

Hi David,

Sorry I missed the most recent Pluggable Transport bi-weekly meeting.

In regards to the PTTBB build, I plan to make progress towards a
streamlined build process.

Platforms I want to get the PTTBB build working on:
1) CentOS 5.9 (32-bit)
2) CentOS 5.9 (64-bit)
3) Windows 7
4) OSX 10.8

For each build platform I'm going to:
1) Create a VirtualBox image.
2) Construct a script that takes the latest TBB release and VirtualBox
image as input, and outputs a PTTBB zip file. The output PTTBB zip
file will include all of the "deployed" pluggable transports.

The build process must be deterministic and reproducible.

I was hoping to do this on Amazon Web Services, to avoid the licensing
issues. However, AWS does not support OSX.

By using VirtualBox, it reduces the problem to each developer
acquiring their own VirtualBox image for each target platform. Not
desirable, but I don't have a better solution.

I anticipate this will be a non-trivial effort to get working
correctly. So, it would be great if you could help me adjust my plan
to minimize headache!

Thanks!

-Kevin