[tor-dev] Tools of Mass Obfuscation or where are my internet curtains?

Malard Joel malardj2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 06:24:59 UTC 2013

Ian,

Thanks. Tell me what a better forum would be and I' ll gladly move this discussion there.

Your suggestion does use encryption if only as a catalyst. There was a time when encrypted content could not be sent to Canada from the US and I can imagine some governments forbidding the use of encryption.

Harvesting keywords from k messages of length n takes O(n.k) time and space, possibly with some large constants. If the messages are scrambled hopefully it would take O(k.n.log(n)) time to harvest them. What would really help imho with mass snooping would be a transfer method that requires O(k.log(k).n) time for any form of keyword harvesting. I don' t have an answer, hence the contest.

Another approach might be to string every m-th bit of a message of n bits, where m an n are relatively prime, cyclically.

Best of luck with Tor.

Cheers,

Joel