[tor-dev] [RELEASE] Torsocks 2.0.0-rc3
dgoulet at ev0ke.net
Sun Nov 3 18:48:55 UTC 2013
I just pushed the 2.0.0-rc3 tag for the torsocks rewrite.
Important fixes got in especially with the testing done with firefox lately.
The good news is that it works well with firefox now :). Of course, you should
ALWAYS use the TBB :). Support for x86 is also fixed as well as GNU/kFreeBSD
and s390/s390x. Some unit tests were contributed by Luke Gallagher.
Also, thanks to Lunar, there is now a Debian experimental package!
There are several improvements on the way also that will make it
probably in the 2.1.x version.
* Optimistic data
* Add --only-onions option
Only sockify .onion address. Asked by the Tails folks.
* Support .i2p address
* Maybe (hopefully), rename the whole thing with a more meaninful name.
(Debate to come on tor-dev ML at some point in time :)
* Basic UDP DNS support.
Finally, to make this project go forward, please consider helping by reviewing
and testing this code base. Here is the open ticket ref.:
Here is the ChangeLog for 2.0.0-rc3.
2013-11-03 torsocks 2.0.0-rc3
* Fix: add fixtures directory to EXTRA_DIST
* Fix: add fixtures.h to makefile.am as EXTRA_DIST
* Fix: remove DBG call in syscall()
* Fix: don't lookup symbol if already found
* Lookup symbols in libc in constructor
* Fix: bad ret value check for default logging
* Add compatibility with GNU/kFreeBSD
* Fix compatibility with s390 and s390x architectures
* Fix: missing registry unlock on error
* Fix: undefined syscall values for x86
* Fix: check fileno returned value
* Fix: torsocks.in libdir path with lib prefix
* Tests: add config-file tests
* Tests: add utils unit tests
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 620 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-dev