[tor-dev] Tor Launcher UI feedback follow up

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Fri May 10 20:44:07 UTC 2013

On 5/9/13 12:38 PM, Lunar wrote:
> Tom Ritter:
>> Some small suggestions:
>>
>>   - I'd flip the bottom and the top, with connect being on top.

I actually think that placing the safer (but more complicated) option
first makes it more likely that people will at least read it.  But we
can change our minds later without affecting the localizations.

>>   - Wording suggestion:
>> "This computer's internet connection is free of obstacles:
>> [greenboldtext]My network operator does not threaten my person
>> safety[/greenboldtext]
>> "This computer's Internet connection is [redboldtext]censored,
>> filtered, or proxied[/redboldtext]
>
> Nitpick: you might be configuring someone else's computer, so “my” might
> not be appropriate.
>
> In some future, having stylized images on that screen could be great.
>
> In any cases, it's already quite an improvement. :)

Thanks!  Regarding Tom's suggestion to use colored text, we are not
going to tackle that at this time because doing so will complicate
localization.  Also, Mike pointed out that in situations where physical
harm is a real possibility, the person will be so censored that they
will know to chose the Configure option.

--
Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent