[tor-dev] Moving our website to git and splitting it in two

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Sat Apr 6 12:51:50 UTC 2013

On 06.04.2013 14:09, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> Is now a fine time to talk about further splitting dist and media from
> the content?
> where dist is for moving to dist.torproject.org for all downloadable
> software bundles, code, etc. (as in our packages). dist becomes a
> mirrored dir on the webservers.

Keep in mind that many mirrors (like ours) don't have the money (or
don't want) to buy a signed wildcard certificate. You want the site to
still be rsync'd easily to arbitrary locations, including /dist.

Of course they can be logically separated on tpo.org, with /dist staying
the "public" location of packages. I guess that is what you are suggesting.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/