[tor-dev] gsathya's September devlog

Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran gsathya at torproject.org
Wed Oct 3 14:21:04 UTC 2012

Tickets I hacked on, closed, discussed, code reviewed, etc  -

### Pyonionoo
* Hacked on the Pyonionoo front end to make it deployable. I've mostly
finished implementing all the features. Thanks to karsten for the
really fast code reviews!

#6708: Pyonionoo returns code 500 for a few parameters
#6954: Internal Pyonionoo thread prints out traceback after 1 minute
#6953: (relays|bridges)_published in Pyonionoo should not depend on
relays/bridges contained in result
#6956: lookup and country parameters in Pyonionoo should not be case-sensitive
#6955: Illegal value for type parameter leads to uncaught exception in Pyonionoo
#6707: Pyonionoo leaves out "relays[ _published]" when asking only for bridges

### Onionoo
#6864: search shouldn't use space separated values

### Metrics Analysis
#1854: Investigate raising the minimum bandwidth for getting the Fast flag
* Made https://pad.riseup.net/p/tormetrics with asn and Aaron's help
-- need to start working on it rsn.

### Atlas
#6711: Replace full exit policy with exit policy summary on relay details page

### Compass
#6618: convert compass to a single page app
#6677: add a 'total' line at the bottom of the table
#6818: compass appears broken
#6807: Add a loading image when doing an Ajax request
#6639: Rename navigation bar entries, add About page and logo
#6691: BaseFilter isn't really an abstract class... yet
#6959: compass calls itself tor metrics

Things to do in October -
* Deploy pyonionoo front end.
* Hack on my undergrad thesis - Measuring the diversity of Tor network
* Restart work on pyonionoo back end.