[tor-dev] License for flash proxy software

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Mon Jul 16 21:07:45 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 02:50:44PM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
> I feel there should be a LICENSE file in the flash proxy client packages
> currently at http://www.bamsoftware.com/dist/flashproxy/. What is the
> recommended practice? Right now the files carry no license. I would be
> happy with anything that is free software and convenient to the Tor
> Project. For example the 3-clause BSD used by obfsproxy is fine. I am
> pretty sure that I wrote all the code that is in use at this point.

I did the Expat license.

https://gitweb.torproject.org/flashproxy.git/commitdiff/ecf1bd0a
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#Expat

(This is what is usually referred to as the "MIT license," but I once
submitted a package to the Free Software Directory, and they said that
in order to avoid horrible confusion I shouldn't call it that.)

David Fifield