[tor-dev] Encrypted PM site/hidden service

Daniel Dennis sdjfjsdfiuhszduh at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 12 01:05:58 UTC 2012

I have been brushing up on my crypto, security and studied/thought about
how tor works and the hidden services although i don't know too much
about this part.

Anyways so i was thinking i'd make an app that allows people to leave
other PMs using public keys. <---- I want to absolutely make sure no one
has written or is writing code for anyone to leave anyone else PMs
anonymously.

The coding part i am not worried about. But the below is what I like to
know.

1) Are there still pretty good attacks on hidden services when used by
clients? If a user disconnects and connects everyday the hidden service
can be found pretty easily? (study clients online, offline and
availability of hidden service)

Because i don't think decentralize model is a good idea if participants
can be found i'm think i will need hosting.

2) Would anyone be willing to host a few static files for me and give me
access to update said files?
3) Would anyone be willing to host my service on their server? I'd be
using .NET/mono. I believe i can stick with .NET 3.5 (mono 2.6) if
needed.
4) Can i use one hidden service but more then one port? I somehow got
the impression i can only use 1 port per service but i havent looked
into it. This means i'll need a hidden service for the static files and
another for a central site.

I haven't gone over the numbers but traditionally mono memory footprint
is pretty good (i believe under 30mb) but i'll likely need a mysql
server however i can stick with files if that is all i have available.

                          wherever you are