[tor-dev] Help Tails with tc? [was: Re: Simulating a slow connection]

anonym anonym at lavabit.com
Fri Jan 27 13:18:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm taking this off-list since it isn't strictly Tor-related.

01/20/2012 11:55 AM, Adam Katz:
> Well, I myself didn't have anything specific in mind but i have some
> experience with the linux tc utility as well as with generating
> realistic background traffic. I was wondering whether I could help on
> any of the existing projects or help establish a new one.

We'd gladly accept any help you can offer in the Tails project [1].
We're in need of a test suite where we can simulate slow Internet
connections that you seem have the necessary expertise for (we're
looking at using tc as backend):

  https://tails.boum.org/todo/simulating_internet_connections/

Please let us know if you are interested!

Cheers!

[1] Tails is a Linux based, privacy enhancing LiveCD that uses Tor
extensively. Website: https://tails.boum.org